Here are a few qualities that capable auto mechanics have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Problem solver: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and fun.
- Persistent: You will work hard until you can successfully solve the problem at hand.
- Honest: You are ethical in your work for customers.
I am currently enrolled in Penn Foster to further develop my skill sets. It has always been my passion to obtain as much education as possible and never give up in spite of life’s challenges.
- Arnold D., Penn Foster student and Auto Repair Technician Graduate
You learn everything—you learn the theory, how an engine works, what’s better and what you can or can’t use. I really enjoy the mechanics a lot.
- Ivan R., Auto Repair Technician Student
My responsibilities at my current place of employment have been increased to include the auto repair knowledge that I gained from Penn Foster. My employer has offered to give me a raise, as well as an extra title, as soon as I bring in my diploma from my program. Enrolling in Penn Foster is one of the best decisions that I ever made.
- Ernesto O, Auto Repair Technician Graduate
I am self-employed and the training has provided so much opportunity for me to grow in my field and make extra money. Thank you, Penn Foster. Penn Foster's training has a very high educational value.
- Raymond A., Auto Repair Technician Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids, such as ASE certification preparation materials and digital multimeter, included
- Access to Snap-on Student Excellence Program offering up to a 50% discount on Snap-on products
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
Are there any resources that will help prepare me for my next step towards becoming an Auto Repair Technician?
You will receive five valuable National Institute for Automotive Service of Excellence (ASE) Certification Exam prep manuals that will help you prepare for ASE certification in five popular automotive disciplines. You are also are eligible to purchase Snap-On tools at a significant discount through the Snap-On Student Excellence program. A link to the Snap-On site will be available on the “My Courses” page after enrollment.
Is there an opportunity to get hands-on training as part of the Auto Repair Technician Career Diploma Program?
Yes! In addition to practical exercises that include suggested hands-on activities, the Auto Repair Technician Career Diploma Program has a Work Experience Option. The Work Experience Option gives students the opportunity to apply the skills they’ve learned in real-life, hands-on situations under the guidance of a professional automotive mechanic. Students are responsible for locating a facility in their local community where they can complete the Work Experience Option.