The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that by the year 2020, the need for health administrators will increase by more than 20 percent. Health care systems, hospitals, and other medical institutions will depend on leaders who will not only decipher critical policy issues, but also balance medical acumen with business problem-solving to make smart decisions. Health care of tomorrow simply can’t survive without a new generation of professionals who have the wide-reaching perspective and nimble thinking required to navigate an industry in flux. The Carey Business School will prepare you to thrive in this environment.
The realities of today’s learner.
The Johns Hopkins Business of Health Care Graduate Certificate was designed for two particular types of students:
- Leaders in medicine and health care who lack formal training in business
- Professionals seeking supervisory positions in medicine and health care who lack experience, or have not had formal training in leadership
As an online-only program, the Business of Health Care certificate provides you with the flexibility and convenience to learn “around” your career. The six-course certificate is powered by an online learning system that has been developed by educators and instructional designers with decades of experience in distance education, to ensure that the learning environment is as engaging as it is user-friendly.
The program will equip you with the knowledge to:
- Skillfully lead health care organizations
- Understand the legal foundations of health care in the United States, and contrast this with other countries around the world
- Maximize patient safety using the best practices of business, policy, and health care
- Grasp the business and public health implications of changing medical and health care policy
- Recognize the role of nursing sciences in advancing public health and the business of health care
Merging a health care powerhouse with a business education that shatters convention.
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School’s programs have been recognized by such industry authorities as Forbes and the Wall Street Journal for their innovative curricula and uncommon approach to global challenges. By bringing together resources, faculty, and research from the Johns Hopkins University’s top-ranked schools of nursing, medicine, and public health, this certificate will provide you with a world-class education unlike any other.
After completing the program, you’ll have a greater understanding of what it takes to lead in today’s complex health care environment—and how to excel in a fast-evolving industry. You may also use the certificate as a foundation to continue in a graduate degree program at the Carey Business School, Bloomberg School of Public Health, or the School of Nursing.
In accordance with US Department of Education regulations, the JHU Carey Business School is required to disclose graduation rate data, median loan debt data, and other select information for all Title IV eligible gainful employment programs. To see the most recent data available for this gainful employment program, please view the attached disclosure.